Supported Employment Specialist needed immediately!
Do you enjoy living in smaller rural communities? Love having a big city outside your door? Bring your career to the Oregon Coast!
The Supported Employment Program Specialist assists individuals who experience mental health symptoms gain the skills to obtain and maintain employment, helping lead them to self-sufficiency. They will provide one-on-one community-based contact with clients to assist the client in job searches and skills training. This position creates strong relationships with employment contacts in the community through outreach and engagement efforts. The SEP Specialist encourages clients to actively pursue appropriate employment opportunities. This position helps to maintain a strength-based and recovery-oriented perspective and approach in working with clients, community partners, and as part of a treatment team.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Provide Supported Employment Services to clients in EASA, ACT, CSS, and Adult Outpatient Mental Health programs.
- Complete regular documentation towards billing and statistical compliance. All documentation must be completed within 24 hours per Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Establish crucial relationships with other service providers and community partners to ensure continuity of care. Obtain indicated Release of Information agreements when discussing specific clients with other service providers and community partners. Create new community connections where appropriate.
- Teach, model, and foster the skills to obtain and maintain employment with clients.
- Attend assigned team meetings per supervisor including 1x/week CSS/ACT meeting, 1x/week
- Report any abuse under role as a Mandated Reporter.
- Complete fidelity tracking and participate in fidelity reviews for assigned programs.
- Associates degree in behavioral science field required, with preference for degrees in social work or occupational rehabilitation with 1-2 years of experience required or Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science field required, with preference for degrees in social work or occupational rehabilitation
- Registered as a QMHA or ability to register as a QMHA within 30 days of employment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Full professional fluency in English.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask from anywhere in the service region.
- Required to have and maintain an Oregon or Washington Driver’s license and meet the agency’s insurance carrier’s insurance standards at the time of hire
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and importance of maintaining confidentiality.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.