School Based Clinician needed immediately!
Do you enjoy living in smaller rural communities? Love having a big city outside your door? Situated on the Columbia River, provider offers small community comfort and convenience, with the advantage of close proximity to Portland!
The Counselor II provides therapeutic services to adults, children, adolescents and families as assigned. Duties may vary per location/department.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Provide therapeutic services to children at school(s), including individual, groups, and families*
• Assessments/evaluations and intake packets
• Treatment planning
• Individual/group/family therapy
• Diagnosis of mental health disorders
• Consultation/referral/information/education and community outreach
• Member of Agency’s Crisis Team, including after-hours as needed, which may include Civil Commitment Investigators Certification (as per department/position)
• Case management/skills training
• Clinical record keeping and report writing; track billable services
• Attend/participate in Agency staff meetings
• Liaison with other human service organizations
• Facilitate in conjunction to client services to include health center staff, school (staff and administration) Juvenile court (POS) CASA (as per department/position)
• Crisis intervention: respond, support, (individual or group)
• Data gathering, collection, and organization for current contract (as per department/location)
*• Participate in County HUB parent education
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or related field from an accredited college required.
- Three to five years related work experience to include Crisis, Outpatient, Addictions and high acuity client services required.
- LCSW preferred.
- CADC I required or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Combination of education/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties outlined for this position may be considered.
Qualifications & Skills:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must have knowledge of age-related development/human behavior, mental illness and chemical dependency in children, adolescents, adults, elderly and families.
- Must have skills in psycho diagnosis/treating related issues; as well as skills working with sexual abuse victims, and their families preferred.
- Also must have skills/abilities to interact as a member of an interdisciplinary team and complete required documentation.
- Public relations skills.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.