Coastal Living? Bring your career to a picturesque resort town that has become a popular destination for travelers visiting the Oregon Coast. The area’s unique historical significance and its history as one of the first popular resort towns draws tourists from all over the world.
We are hiring IMMEDIATELY for a Roving Housing Specialist to join one of our community mental health providers!
This position qualifies for a hire-on bonus of $1000 with 1/2 paid with 1st check after hire and 1/2 paid with 1st check following a 6-month probationary period.
The Roving Housing Support Specialist provides front line support service in multiple housing programs. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting guests/residents in accessing services and maintaining a housing placement.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Provide interventions and case management support with guests/residents as required and directed by program staff.
- Provide individual and/or group skills training, supervision and support in areas such as self-care, hygiene, community resources, and other life skills as needed for a positive guest/resident stay.
- Assist in group interactions with compassionate communication modeling.
- Comply with and implement policies and procedures under which the facility operates.
- Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols/procedures and coordinating with the guest/resident’s treatment team with interventions which support a trauma informed environment.
- Assist in guest/resident meal planning, preparation, and clean up related to guest/resident meal preparation or cooking activities.
- Perform household chores including but not limited to housekeeping throughout facility.
- Must respect and honor guest/resident rights and responsibilities and demonstrate professional boundaries and ethics.
- Ensure completion of intake paperwork and procedures.
- Review discharge paperwork with guest/resident at time of discharge.
- Document and maintain clinical records in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Demonstrate responsibility for safety of guests/residents and property; understanding fire regulations and evacuation procedures.
- Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
- Responsible for contacting the On-Call Administrator for clinical decisions and direction needed throughout a shift.
- Must be able to stay awake on all shifts.
- Complete daily documentation requirements.
- Coordinate with oncoming shift regarding guest/resident concerns, building/program needs, and any relevant issues to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Monitor guest/resident self-administration of medication and support as needed.
- Psycho-educational Skills Training Certification, First Aid/CPR Certification and Food Handlers Certification or ability to obtain during initial department training.
- Working knowledge of behavioral health issues facing clients.
- Experience with electronic health recordkeeping and protocols for assessing health information or ability to learn.
- Developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and utilize verbal crisis prevention techniques.
- Knowledge of Trauma -Informed approach with clients or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of human behavior of individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and addiction issues or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and importance of maintaining confidentiality or ability to learn.
- Flexibility to travel throughout community and work at multiple locations.
- Required to have and maintain an Oregon or Washington Driver’s license and meet the agency’s insurance carrier’s insurance standards.
- Some higher education or vocational training in the field of Psychology (trauma informed therapy), Counseling, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Hospitality, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Bachelors Strongly Preferred.
- Preferred prior experience with medication administration and documentation.
- Preferred prior experience working with the public and providing customer service.
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.