Registered Nurse needed immediately! If you’re looking for a career where you can have a positive, direct impact on the lives of individuals in the local community and looking for a supportive, encouraging work environment, this is for you!
(multiple needs outside Portland metro and along the coast for community mental health providers)
SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse, Medical Services Coordinator is an integral part of the behavioral health team who helps incorporate a whole health perspective to service delivery and also provides nursing assessment, medication management support services to prescribers, and nursing interventions within the RN scope of practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete Nursing Admission Assessments for all new clients.
- Complete discharge procedure including obtaining prescriptions as needed for home medications.
- Administer medications to clients or monitor client self-administration of medications including documentation; complete monthly Medication Administration Record (MARs).
- Teach QMHA’s and Peer Support Specialists about medication administration and assessment of side effects and adverse reactions.
- Assess and provide nursing care to meet the medical needs of clients including staff delegation for home treatments / care; Staff delegation training required every 6 months.
- Conduct educational groups on nutrition, healthy lifestyles, medications and related topics.
- Coordinate emergency medical procedures as needed including making decisions about emergency transport.
- Collaborate with outpatient LIP’s and pharmacies to maintain coordination of care for clients.
In addition to clinical responsibilities, this position may assist with supervising designated medical assistants and/or RN’s, provide LMP support and assist the Medical Director with improving and formalizing existing medical program workflows and program development.
We are looking for someone who is an organized problem-solver with sound nursing judgement and fits in well with a team that enjoys having fun in the workplace.
This position is eligible for federal loan reimbursement program participants, including NURSECORPS and the National Health Service Corps.
For immediate confidential consideration, please send your resume to Tonya, Senior Recruiter! EOE
“Careers and Mental Health Providers flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”