Coastal Living? Bring your career to a picturesque resort town that has become a popular destination for travelers visiting the Oregon Coast. The area’s unique historical significance and its history as one of the first popular resort towns draws tourists from all over the world.
**THIS ROLE IS LOCATED ALONG THE OREGON COAST **
We are hiring IMMEDIATELY for a Residential Medication Aid to join one of our community mental health providers!
This position qualifies for a hire-on bonus of $1000 with 1/2 paid with 1st check after hire and 1/2 paid with 1st check following the 6-month probationary period.
This position will perform a variety of services in an outpatient setting to provide direct services to the adult and child population. The Care Coordinator will possess administrative knowledge, including proficiency in use and management of an electronic medical record; and customer service knowledge, including compassionate and professional interpersonal interaction with both clients and coworkers.
This position will be able to function as part of an inter-disciplinary team and possess flexibility to assist fellow team members to provide continuity and consistency of care to the agency’s clients. Additionally, this position will provide behavioral health screening via telephone in order to schedule new clients and screen referrals for services. For clients who are eligible for Oregon Health Plan and need to enroll, the position will serve as a certified OHP assister.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and triage new client requests for services, schedule assessments, and ensure continuity of referral/intake process.
- Screen and triage referrals from outside agencies.
- Act as liaison with hospitals and other outside specialty care settings.
- Schedule and track all clients who are seen by community partners, such as OHSU, Fora Health, CMH and Coastal Family and coordinate a transfer to and from all facilities for a continuation of care.
- Provide information and referrals to community resources for clients requesting services as needed.
- Document screening information in the medical record and gather additional information as needed.
- The ability to remain flexible to the changing demands of amental health system and the needs of the agency, with a sense of urgency, problem solving in the moment while being proactive.
- Document all client interactions, appointments, and sessions, in EMR.
- Maintaining DEA log as well as concise client log sheets.
- Assist with building relationships with community partners.
- Assist with internal and external referrals, including the peer support specialist.
- Updating of medication changes and additions, in the EMR and with Millennium urinalysis tech.
- Assist clients with medication refills and appointments with all MAT prescribers (med-management).
- Assist clients with establishing a PCP, as required by the MAT requirement for care.
- Provide case-management and references for items such as GED, NOHA and education, such as Lives in Transitions.
- Track client success with check-ins every 30 day, 90 day, 6 months and 1 year after their completing of the MAT out-patient program.
- Assist with locating and re-engaging clients who have dropped out of the MAT out-patient program.
- Establish a relationship with all MAT clients, with regularly scheduled case management appointments.
- Valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license or ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Motor Vehicle Record clearance that meets agency insurance requirements.
- Ability to pass DHS background check clearance.
- Maintain high attention to detail.
- Ability to be become certified OHP assister.
Meet one of the following credential requirements:
- QMHA Certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university are preferred, or those qualifying as a QMHA in the State of Oregon (3 years of work with mentally ill clients).
- CADC – Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor in Oregon.
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.