Wellness Health Careers offers search efforts to many Community Mental Health Providers in several locations throughout Washington and Oregon. We are currently recruiting for a Residential Counselor for a location along the North Oregon coast!
Needed immediately for a dedicated service provider to fill a full-time 32 hours per week NOC (11:00pm-7:30am) position as a Residential Counselor. Under the direction of the client, the Residential Counselor works as a member of a team working to make a difference in the lives of persons with mental illness. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately making the leap to independence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and document service notes
- Encourage and motivate residents to engage in new experiences and accomplish personal goals
- Safely transport residents to appointments and community outings
- Ability to facilitate groups and work individually to skills train
- Ability to distribute and document medications accurately
- Cooking and cleaning
- Effective Communication Skills
- Valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license or ability to obtain by date of hire
- Motor Vehicle Record clearance that meets agency insurance requirements
- Ability to pass DHS background check clearance
Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA)
- 3 years prior experience in same or similar field
- Some higher education or vocational training in related field
- Trauma informed care, behavioral health or mental health training or experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Community Mental Health Providers has excellent benefits including Medical (Minimal Premium cost to employee), Dental (Employer Paid), Retirement, Life Insurance (Employer Paid) and Short-Term Disability (Employer Paid), Vision (Employer Paid). Dependents covered on medical, dental and vision at cost to employee. There are 12 paid holidays and 22 days of PTO years 1-3, increases after year 3. PTO accumulation starts at hire and is available for use as accumulated. Also offers sabbatical of 22 days after 10 years of service and annual elective training fund that includes 5 paid days for training.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions, feel to reach out to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE