Coastal Living? Bring your career to a picturesque resort town that has become a popular destination for travelers visiting the Oregon Coast. The area’s unique historical significance and its history as one of the first popular resort towns draws tourists from all over the world.
**THIS IS A ROLE ALONG THE OREGON COAST**
This position qualifies for a hire on bonus of $1000 with 1/2 paid with 1st check after hire and 1/2 paid with 1st check following 6-month probationary period.
Seeking a dedicated service provider to fill a full-time position as a Residential Counselor. Under the direction of the Manager, the Residential Counselor works as a member of a team working to make a difference in the lives of persons with mental illness. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately making the leap to independence.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain and document service notes
- Provide case management and document progress.
- Encourage and motivate residents to engage in new experiences and accomplish personal goals
- Safely transport residents to appointments and community outings
- Ability to facilitate groups and work individually to skills train
- Ability to distribute and document medications accurately
- Cooking and cleaning
- Ability to work any shift
- Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license or ability to obtain by date of hire
- Motor Vehicle Record clearance that meets agency insurance requirements
- Ability to pass DHS background check clearance
- 3 years prior experience in same or similar field
- Some higher education or vocational training in related field
- Trauma informed care, behavioral health or mental health training or experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.