Residential Counselor needed immediately! Do you love the coastal areas of Oregon? Bring your career to a coastal setting!
This position qualifies for a hire on bonus of $500.00 with $250.00 paid with 1st paycheck after hire and $250.00 paid with 1st paycheck after completion of 6-month probationary period.
Community Mental Health Provider is looking for a dedicated service provider to fill a full-time position as a Residential Counselor. Under the direction of the Crisis Respite Manager, the Residential Counselor works as a member of a team working to make a difference in the lives of persons with mental illness. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately making the leap to independence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and document service notes
- Encourage and motivate residents to engage in new experiences and accomplish personal goals
- Safely transport residents to appointments and community outings
- Ability to facilitate groups and work individually to skills train
- Ability to distribute and document medications accurately
- Cooking and cleaning
- Day shift and Swing shift requires QMHA certification (OAR 309-019-0125-QMHAs shall demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment, and service terminology; and apply each of these concepts, implement skills development strategies, and identify, implement, and coordinate the services and supports identified in a service plan. In addition, QMHAs shall meet the following minimum qualifications:(a) Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field; or (b) A combination of at least three years of relevant work, education, training, or experience.
- Valid Oregon or Washington Driver’s license or ability to obtain by date of hire
- Motor Vehicle Record clearance that meets agency insurance requirements
- Ability to pass DHS background check clearance
- 3 years prior experience in same or similar field
- Some higher education or vocational training in related field
- Trauma informed care, behavioral health or mental health training or experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. (Swing shift has an additional $1.00 per hour differential pay and NOC shift has an additional 1.25 differential pay)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter! EOE
“Careers and Mental Health Providers flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”