RBAI needed immediately to fill in part-time for a local community mental health provider!
General Position Summary:
The Registered Behavioral Analysis Interventionist (RBAI) provides in-home behaviorally based intervention to clients who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, possible additional neurological and/or developmental disabilities. The specific role of the Behavioral Interventionist is to provide in-home 1:1 ABA therapy sessions utilizing programs specifically designed and tailored for the individual client. Essential duties are determined by the ABA Program and individualized client therapy is based on the direction of a supervising Board-Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA).
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements;
- Responsible for following the prescribed skill acquisition and behavior reduction plan developed by the BCBA;
- Responsible for assisting with parent and in-home provider training in line with client’s individualized treatment plan;
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) system documentation
- Maintain client confidentiality;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and organized facility-based therapy environment when appropriate;
- Assist clients with learning a variety of self-help living skills;
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within various settings;
- Assess and record behavior in an accurate, detailed, and timely manner;
- Implement behavior plans and procedures designed to address identified goals and objectives;
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally and in writing;
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and within the identified timeframe;
- Willing to participate in client transportation in vehicles to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school to assist and support problematic behavior as appropriate;
- Follow all the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth;
- Develop a positive and therapeutic working relationship with identified youth, families, in-home providers and community partners;
- To familiarize, implement and comply with all agency policies and procedures;
- Ability to problem solve and manage crisis in the moment, deferring complex issues to supervisor;
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques;
- Maintain and acquired technical knowledge by attending required trainings;
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred; At least 1 year working experience with children/adolescents preferred; RBAI Certification (Registered Behavioral Analysis Interventionist) required or ability to complete 40-hour RBAI training and obtain RBAI certification within 60 days of hire. Combination of education/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties outlined for this position may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Have and maintain an Oregon or Washington Driver’s license and meet the agency’s insurance carrier’s insurance standards.
Desired Skills: Spanish speaking/writing
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and Mental Health Providers flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.