We are hiring IMMEDIATELY for a QMHA Counselor to join one of our community mental health providers!
Counselor I, as part of an integrated care team, will provide therapeutic services to adults, children, adolescents, and families as assigned by a designated QMHP or Clinical Supervisor. The Counselor I may be assigned to any agency program including, but not limited to: ACT, Crisis, Intensive Services, Outpatient, Jail Diversion, Wrap, Residential or Detox. Essential duties may vary per location/department/position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessments/Evaluations/Treatment planning as directed by QMHP
- Provide wraparound and/or case management
- Individual/group skills training including teaching/practicing life skills with clients and/or families according to the client treatment plan
- Dual Diagnosis work
- Community outreach
- Clinical record-keeping and report writing
- Participate in agency meetings and training as required and/or assigned
- Collaborate with the clinical team to target identified challenge areas in behavioral and social functioning and implement treatment plan as directed
- Liaison with other human service organizations
- Coverage, as needed, for other team members
- Medication distribution may be necessary
- Stay current on medication distribution training/certification as appropriate
- Transportation duties may be necessary
- Cooking, cleaning with clients as assigned and appropriate per location
- Other duties may be assigned as needed per location/department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field or combination of education/experience that qualifies as a QMHA required
- History of working cooperatively in a team setting with at least two years relevant work experience preferred
- CADC I required or ability to obtain within the first year of employment.
- Combination of education/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties outlined for this position may be considered.
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.