Mental Health Therapist needed!
Bring your career to a mental health provider located in the vast high desert of Southeast Oregon, a friendly town with a lot of heritage. It also has plenty of outdoor activities. Near the Steens Mountain, the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, the Alvord Desert and many not-so-secret fishing holes and hot springs! If you are an outdoors enthusiast, this is your opportunity!
- SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE BEING OFFERED!
- 100% OF BENEFIT PACKAGE PAID BY EMPLOYER!
- 6% MATCHING 401k PLAN!
- STUDENT LOAN DEBT FORGIVENESS APPROVED SITE!
Assess, diagnose, treat and counsel individuals and families affected by mental illness and emotional issues. Ensure coordination of intake/assessment/counseling and referral of clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide mental health and emotional counseling to individuals and groups. Develop and provide individual, family and group education, counseling and/or workshops on issues/topics related to mental health problems.
- Perform diagnosis, intake and assessment, and develop treatment plans and/or treatment referrals for clients referred by physicians, corrections, public agencies, employees, families or other means.
- Work as member of team to effectively coordinate services, using case managers, alcohol & drug counselors and community resources as needed.
- Monitor client progress and adherence to treatment plan; maintain client files and case documentation in accordance with related policies.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and agencies. Utilize/make referrals to assist client in plans for education, vocational training, employment, housing, etc.
- Prepare and submit required forms and reports related to programs and activities.
- Share in after hours on-call rotation.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have regular attendance. Punctuality is essential, must be ready to work at start of work day.
- Duties as assigned.
Auxillary Job Functions:
Maintain proficiency by attending training and meetings, reading materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Qualified mental health professional.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of mental health diagnosis, treatment and prevention; counseling and interviewing techniques; the dynamics of interpersonal relationships; and, community resources/programs.
- An earned Master’s degree in a behavioral, social, health science, special education, or human service area; and (1) one year experience in mental health programs.
- Experience in differential diagnosis, treatment plan design and implementation with children, adults and families. Significant understanding of best practices in the delivery of community-based mental health services within both public and private managed care reimbursement systems.
- Experience working with courts, law enforcement, schools and a variety of community stakeholders. Or any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Possession of, or eligible for, Oregon License as a marriage and family therapist, professional counselor, social worker or psychologist.
Possession of valid driver’s license; ability to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screening; ability to pass mandatory criminal records check.
Possession of license at time of appointment. Experience and understanding of rural service delivery and community issues. Specific experience working with children and significant exposure to American Indian culture.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.