MEDICAL DIRECTOR needed immediately!
The Medical Director provides oversight of all medical staff, medical policy and procedure development, consultation to clinical teams and psychiatric services to clients. This includes assessment, consultative, diagnostic, prescriptive, and educational services.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provides consultation regarding appropriate interventions and service planning to clients, clinicians, and family members.
- Is available as needed to consult with inpatient providers.
- Provides supervision to medical staff including psychiatrists, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, and RN’s as needed
- Participates in case presentation and/or consultation with clinical teams, including Service Coordinators, other medical staff, and outside agencies or stakeholders.
- Provides input/recommendations on risk assessment instruments for clinical staff
- Provides diagnostic services to all clients on the identified caseload.
- Requests and monitors lab results as needed.
- Completes Mental Health Assessments as needed in collaboration with the Intake Coordinator.
- Prescribes psychiatric medications for clients on identified caseload.
- Monitors and manages side effects as needed.
- Approves refills, coordinates with pharmacy.
- Maintains current orders in the electronic medical record.
- Provides concurrent billing information for face-to-face time spent with clients.
- Provides coverage for other psychiatric providers as needed.
- Coordinates time off with other psychiatric providers to ensure coverage is available. Works with agency leadership and the Quality Improvement Coordinator to develop medical policy and procedure.
- Participates in agency based risk review meetings and quarterly quality improvement meetings
- Follows all applicable Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs).
Positions Reporting: (Listing of job incumbents reporting into this position)
Agency employed or contracted Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Medical Assistants
An active Oregon medical License, current DEA registration and proof of liability insurance.
Psychiatrist applicants must be BC/BE.
Additional experience in working with adults with chronic mental illness preferred.
Offering lucrative benefit package! For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter! EOE
“Careers and Mental Health Providers flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”