Desktop Support Supervisor needed immediately!
Seeking a full-time Desktop Support Supervisor! This position is needed to supervise the daily operations of the Desktop Support team. Ensures adherence to processes and best practices, assigns work as needed, and acts as tier 3 escalation point.
- Supervise daily operations of the technical support team, such as call performance, work management, and daily operational processes, with emphasis on exceptional customer experience.
- Approve staff scheduling and work assignments and coordinate coverage during times of absences and increased workload.
- Oversee 24×7 on-call rotation for Service Center staff; serve as escalation point for Service Center staff.
- Ensure that daily operational processes are completed.
- Act as a technical escalation point for technical staff; provide technical support as needed.
- Work with the Service Center Manager to design, implement and maintain detailed written policies, processes, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide input into long-term IS planning.
- Coordinate the technical support team’s communication with internal and external customers.
- Supervise team(s) and recommend team direction and goals in alignment with the organizational mission, vision, and values.
- Identify work and staffing needs to meet work expectations; recruit and hire, using an equity, diversity, and inclusion lens.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and monitor work; ensure employees have information and resources to meet job expectations.
- Lead the development, communication, and oversight of team and individual goals; ensure goals, expectations, and standards are clearly understood by staff.
- Train, supervise, motivate, and coach employees; provide support toward employee development.
- Incorporate guidance from Client equity tools into people leadership, planning, operations, evaluation, and decision making.
- Ensure team adheres to department and organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide regular feedback to support success; recognizes strong performance and addresses performance gaps and accountability (corrective action).
- Perform supervisory tasks in collaboration with Human Resources as needed.
- Perform work in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the organization’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by fostering a culture of open mindedness, cultural awareness, compassion, and respect for all individuals.
- Strive to meet annual business goals in support the organization’s strategic goals.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and other relevant compliance needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong basic computer applications skills (Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook) and comprehension of computer programming concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of end user facing technologies, including PCs, laptops, thin clients, tablets, phones, Macs, printers, and associated peripherals
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory administration, TCP/IP, Exchange, Microsoft productivity suites, and other similar software
- Understanding of service management, including associated tools and processes, and governance frameworks such as ITIL
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills in a technical/computing environment
- Strong analytical and research skills; able to see patterns in data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to understand and adhere to licensing agreements
- Knowledge about how the IS functions work and relate to one another
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical support role, including 1 year at a senior technical support level
- Minimum 1 year’ experience in a supervisory or lead position; lead roles should include regular assistance to a manager or supervisor in staff hiring, coaching, performance evaluation, and other supervisory tasks
Preferred: Demonstrated ITIL training and/or certification and 1 year experience in managed care health insurance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the