Counselor II – Jail Diversion needed for Community Mental Health Provider located outside Portland Oregon Metro.
SUMMARY: This Counselor position works as part of a team to reduce jail time and provide services for individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and are part of the legal system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify/assess potential participants for Jail Diversion Program
- Pre-trial/post-trial diversion services
- Intensive Case Management Services to participants
- Dual diagnosis work as needed
- Participate in Behavioral Health Court hearings/meetings
- Coordinate with jail diversion stakeholders/community partners regularly
- Training of community partners regarding Jail Diversion Program
- Complete all assigned paperwork
- Participate in agency meetings
- Liaison between human service organizations
- Coverage for other team members
- Driving duties: client transportation; facility shop; recreation, medication distribution
- Other duties as assigned
Supervises no others and is clinically supervised by the Clinical Supervisor; administratively by the Clinical Director of Residential Treatment & Specialty Services. All staff and programs are responsible to the agency’s Director.
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or related field from an accredited college required.
CADC I required or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
Three to five years related work experience to include Crisis, Outpatient, Addictions and high acuity client services required.
Qualifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required: Knowledge of human behavior of individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness/addiction issues involved in the criminal justice system. Knowledge of Intensive Case Management practices/rehabilitation theories and practice; diagnosis/treating related issues. Skills implementing evidence-based practices. Abilities to interact as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits to all eligible employees. Medical/Dental/Vision, 90% employer paid HMO option – Part Time employee option as well. Other benefits offered include $30,000 Employer paid Life/ADD, voluntary life for employee/spouse/children, FSA, retirement 403(b) and Roth IRA with up to 3% employer match for eligible employees, generous paid time off, 22 vacation days and 12 paid holidays yearly!
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter! EOE