MH Counselor (CCT) needed immediately!
(Certified Child Trauma)
Do you enjoy living in smaller rural communities? Love having a big city outside your door? Bring your career to us!
The Counselor I, as part of an integrated care team, will provide therapeutic services to adults, children, adolescents and families as assigned by a designated QMHP or Clinical Supervisor. The Counselor I may be assigned to any agency program including, but not limited to: ACT, Crisis, Intensive Services, Outpatient, Jail Diversion, Wrap, Residential or Detox. Essential duties may vary per location/department/position.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Assessments/Evaluations/Treatment planning as directed by QMHP
- Provide wraparound and/or case management
- Individual/group skills training including teaching/practicing life skills with clients and/or families according to client treatment plan
- Dual Diagnosis work
- Community outreach
- Clinical record keeping and report writing
- Participate in agency meetings and training as required and/or assigned
- Collaborate with clinical team to target identified challenge areas in behavioral and social functioning and implement treatment plan as directed
- Liaison with other human service organizations
- Coverage, as needed, for other team members
- Medication distribution may be necessary
- Stay current on medication distribution training/certification as appropriate
- Transportation duties may be necessary
- Cooking, cleaning with clients as assigned and appropriate per location
- Other duties may be assigned as needed per location/department
- Pick up and organize medication orders from the pharmacy
- Check out and deliver medications to community clients
- Retrieve and give meds to walk-in clients per instructions
- Schedule and coordinate medical and Provider prescriber appointments with ACT team members and clients
- Attend medical and Provider prescriber appointments with ACT clients
Bachelor’s degree in social services field or combination of education/experience that qualifies as a QMHA required; History of working cooperatively in a team setting with at least two years relevant work experience preferred; CADC I highly preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
Knowledge of human behavior, individuals diagnosed with mental illness/addiction issues; rehabilitation and recovery theories/practice. Abilities in skills training and psych-educational groups/classes; implementing evidence-based practices. Abilities to interact as a member of an interdisciplinary team and complete required documentation. Reliable transportation, current auto insurance and valid driver’s license and ability to meet agency’s insurance standards. MVR check required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”.