Do you enjoy living in smaller rural communities? Love having a big city outside your door? Bring your career to a community mental health provider while helping people live their best lives!
Do you enjoy exploring parks, wineries, trails, rafting, and more? Join our team!!
We are hiring IMMEDIATELY for a Business Center Supervisor to join one of our community mental health providers!
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7:30 or 8:00 am to 4:30 or 5:00 pm, with a possibility of 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Mon-Thurs.
- Supervise/train Business Center staff
- Manages/maintains changes of the billing system to include changes in billing rates and other BLM setup in the Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Maintains billing/Accounts Receivable needs of the software system
- Establish/maintain 837/835 276/277 set up and maintain for updates
- Process month end
- Reviewing/approving Sliding Scale Fee Assessments Forms, Billing/DUII audits, client & insurance refunds and bad debt write offs
- Oversee reporting integrity of the medical billing and reconciling system
- Approve insurance contract changes and create new payors, as needed
- Report AR Aging status to Finance Director and any corrective action needed to maintain reasonable AR balances
- Documents claim status and next steps in the agency’s Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Maintain billing records as required for audit preparedness
- Maintain Business Center policy and procedures
- Collaborate with billing staff on billing and reconciling processes
- Risk assessments/audits, corrective action plans, work with other managers to develop policies/procedures, training materials/internal monitoring tools
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory and/or administrative leadership required.
- Billing experience in outpatient, residential or healthcare setting preferred.
- Combination of education/experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties outlined for this position may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Detailed/current knowledge/experience working with Medicare, Medicaid and third-party billing and reconciling.
- Experience with managed care and HIPAA regulations required.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State licensure requirements for healthcare staff (including state law and scope of practice requirements) required.
- Background in healthcare software implementation, setup and maintenance.
- Experience with system analysis, requirements, testing deployment and process/quality improvement.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have superior attention to detail, as well as excellent prioritizing and multi-tasking skills; Ability to manage critical deadlines.
- Work independently as well as part of a team and ability to effectively communicate with clients/staff and community partners in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of mental health billing in an (EHR), CPT/ICD-10 coding, claim submission guidelines, and denial reason codes; use of Microsoft, general office, computer equipment; work under multiple deadlines/requirements; medical and psychiatric terminology helpful.
- Knowledge of collection procedures and working with an accounts receivable system required.
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”