Do you enjoy living in smaller rural communities? Love having a big city outside your door? Bring your career to a community mental health provider while helping people live their best lives! Do you enjoy exploring parks, wineries, trails, rafting, and more? Join our team!!
We are hiring IMMEDIATELY for a Skills Trainer to join one of our community mental health providers!
Main Purpose of the Skills Trainer Role:
Include building rapport with clients and providing daily support and structure. Providing skills training to clients in order to help them learn to manage their mental health symptoms. Model, coach and counsel clients regarding appropriate hygiene, social and interpersonal interactions.
- Engages in positive and appropriate relationship-building with clients, their resources, and coworkers.
- Provides supervision, care and support of clients in accordance with policy.
- Completes documentation of a professional quality and within the timelines specified by policy.
- Collaborates respectfully with co-workers to help facilitate Individual and Group Skills Training with the Clients in accordance with the Client’s treatment plan.
- Understands and can communicate how the treatment process (from assessment to discharge) works, including the importance of interdisciplinary communication, family engagement, documentation, and relationship building.
- Demonstrates understanding of risk management procedures, protocols, policies and interventions related to high risk client behavior. This is achieved through policy review, formal testing, training compliance, and validated observation which demonstrates these competencies.
- Assists co-workers with Crisis Management and Intervention. This includes modeling the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention principals of Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security while providing verbal and physical intervention as instructed in the course.
- Communicates in developmentally appropriate and respectful manner with clients, their resources, and coworkers.
- Conducts oneself in a professional and respectful manner with clients, their resources and coworkers; as evidenced by actions, language, and attire.
- Demonstrates cultural awareness and works toward cultural competencies for the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to administer medications to clients when needed, per policy.
- Demonstrates an ability to creatively and collaboratively problem solve in their daily work with clients, their resources, and coworkers.
- Demonstrates an ability to use good judgment with clients, their resources and coworkers; within the guidelines of policy and Trauma informed care principles.
- All other duties as assigned
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat, clean and professional.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled using ETime to track hours and approve time;
- Wears identification while on duty;
- Completes all training required for position. All training is complete and up to date.
- Attends required staff meetings;
- Demonstrates acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors and cultures.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish clear and appropriate boundaries in relationships with staff and clients and the handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Preference given to applicants with Associate, Bachelor’s degree, may substitute experience. Experience working in a psychiatric/behavioral health treatment facility with children or adolescents is preferred.
- Maintain a driving record acceptable by the agency and a current driver’s license for state of residence, when authorized to use own vehicle for agency business, employee must maintain personal insurance
- Basic computer knowledge for the implementation of client information electronic record keeping.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, contact the HR department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
“Careers and companies flourish when staff, clients, and candidates truly believe in the mission, know the role they play, and humbly reflect, evaluate, and act for the best interest of the communities served”