5 Tips for a Successful Resume
1. Most important – one of the biggest mistakes we see when reviewing a resume is that it is not up-to-date. Make sure your CV is up-to-date. Accuracy is everything; have a neutral party read over it to ensure there are no typos or other mistakes.
2. We recommend keeping your CV to two pages, otherwise it might not get read. We live in a very busy world, and a hiring manager wants to capture the necessary information within a quick read; if they like what they see at a glance, they will thoroughly review your resume.
3. Print several hard copies for interviews and networking; you never know who you might see. Network everywhere you go, and hand out your resume.
4. Account for any gaps in your work history. You will be asked.
5. Please note your education; we often have to ask a candidate about their education. If we have to ask, so will those interviewing you.